Pages

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Ready or not, here I come!!

In 25 day's, no matter if I am ready or not, I will be getting married. Now of course I am excited about getting married, who wouldn't be!!? But I am ready for the planning part to be over with! I can't believe how many details there are to think about. Just when I think everything is covered, 3 more things pop up! I'm sure it will be over before I know it, then I'll wish I could go back and do it all over again! But for now the countdown is on!

On a lighter note, I have been having a lot of fun crafting and making things for my wedding! Starting with my invitations. They were pretty easy to make, just time consuming to put together! I am so happy with the way they turned out! Next my table assignment boards. I took cork boards and covered them with fabric, then I will attach the seating cards (which i am also making) to it with push pins.

Soon I will post pictures up all my projects!

Then after the wedding I am going to take on a really big project! I am going to sew my chair cushions for our dining room chairs. I am so excited to start them. I already have the fabric, so I just need to get the foam to fit inside! I almost bought the inserts at Joannes, but I found better ones that are cheaper at Walmart. I hope they will turn out nice!

RJ bought us some new nightstands and dressers from Craig's list. He sanded them all down and painted them so they look brand new! So to dress them up even more I bought new handles for the nightstands from Anthropology. They look really cool!

I'm so excited to decorate our apartment and make it feel like home!!

3 comments:

Darcy said...

You are most definitely at a very exciting time of your life Melissa!!!

I remember planning our wedding, and you're right, there's a whole lot of details to think and plan about. But when the big day arrives and happens and days later, you'll look back and be able to be so proud of all your hard work and effort and creative gifts the Lord gave you to use!

I remember a few days after our wedding, we were on our honeymoon, and I called my Mom. I was so sick on our wedding day, had been in Urgent Care twice that week leading up to the wedding, that my Mom asked that I call a few days later to let her know if I was getting any better. And as we talked a few minutes, we talked about the wedding and details and it was funny that everything just fell into place right on down to someone lighting the candles of my centerpieces. LOL. It may be overwhelming to think about, but it'll all fall into place and your wedding day is going to be one of the best days of your life!!!

Although I still cannot believe you're old enough to be getting married. You should still be that 10 year old paling around with Cathi at camp!!! LOL.

Lisa said...

The wedding is so much more personal when you make things yourself, so it's exciting that you get to do that. Nearly everything at our wedding was handmade either by us or by our loved ones, from my outfit to the food (even the cake) to the chuppah, kippot and wedding favors. It really is a wonderful way to do it.

ENCOURAGEMENTS FROM MONICA said...

I am so proud of you! With the Lords help we have pushed through it all and the big day is around the corner! You and RJ have the brightest and most hopeful future because with God all things are possible!! Be patient as your life unfolds! It will have ups, downs, right turns and left turns! Hang on for the ride of your life with Jesus and RJ!! And you know dad and I will be tagging along for the ride too! hahahah Allll my luv2u! <3 Mom