Pages

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Memorization

A couple of weeks ago I asked RJ to help me with scripture memorization. I am horrible at memorizing things so I thought it would be a good idea to ask for help. He can memorize quick, but sometimes has trouble remembering things. I can remember everything, but I have trouble memorizing. So we should be a good balance! :-)

So my first verse was Galatians 4:4, "But when the fullness of time was complete, God sent His Son, born of a woman, under the law." I love this verse because it points out that God sent His Son just at the right time. There were things that needed to be in place before He came to this earth to sacrifice His life for us. This encourages me to know that the Lord always has a plan, He is never late and never early. In my life certain things need to be in place before I can get married, I don't know what some of those things are but He knows. Then at that perfect time when everything falls into place, we will be able to move forward. Some times I'm tempted to ask why, but then I remember that the Lord has a plan!

My second verse was John 1:1-3, 14, "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things were made through Him and without Him nothing was made that was made. And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us and we beheld His glory, like the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth." Wow, this verse is full of great stuff. It wasn't as hard to memorize as I though, because I already knew the first part. God the Father sent Jesus (just at the right time) to this earth, to live among us, His creation. He, at that time was fully God and fully man. This verse says that He became flesh (that is man) and He had the Glory of the Father (that is God). Isn't that just amazing to think about, that Jesus Who created the world would come to His fallen earth to buy us back and sacrifice Himself for ME!!!! Wow, how could I not sacrifice my life on this earth for Him and live my life the way the He wants me to. My trials on this earth, though they might be difficult, are pale in comparison the Glory of the Lord. He has shown me so many new truths for my life and situations.

I'm glad that I am memorizing these verses because the Lord is teaching me so much through them. I can't wait for my next verse!!

2 comments:

simplyshiree said...

Im working on the same thing. its really been cool. i get all excited after i finish a verse and i post it on my wall after lol. miss you :)

RJ McCauley said...

"My trials on this earth, though they might be difficult, are pale in comparison the Glory of the Lord."

The most beautiful thing you wrote is this quote. YOUR AWESOME BABE!!!

And yes, we are a perfect match! Our remembering and memorizing abilities help each other!